Manager, Reimbursement Services
Responsible for the delivery of HPS’s cost report services to our clients in a timely and efficient manner. This position provides direct leadership to HPS’s cost report services team responsible for conducting analytics and generating results for our clients. This position will work in conjunction with the Client Implementation and Client Services teams to ensure a superior customer service experience for our cost report services customers.
Required Job Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- Requires 4-5 years of experience with Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement, Team Leadership, and Project Management
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access skills
- Strong familiarity with common healthcare-related data sets such as demographic data, eligibility, and claims data
- Strong knowledge of Medicare Bad Debt and Medicare DSH rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Medicare cost reporting audit, appeals, and reopening rules
- Requires strong communication, organization, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- People management
- Must be process driven, yet adaptable to change when necessary
- Ability to manage a team, prioritize work, set and measure goals
- Communicate with Client Services and Client Implementation teams on the status of engagements
- Oversee Analysts to ensure projects are on schedule
- Proactively communicate project status, completion, delays, etc. to internal stakeholders
- Train team on roles, responsibilities, communication with clients, etc.
- Ensure team is following established HPS business procedures
- Maintain strong knowledge of all HPS cost reporting services
- Implement operational processes to drive efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of current Medicare Bad Debt and Medicare DSH rules and regulations
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of current Medicare cost-reporting, appeals, and reopening rules
- Interview, coach, counsel, and participate in termination of employees as needed
- Setting the work priorities for the cost report services team in alignment with the production schedule as defined by the HPS Executive team
- Tracking progress toward established production goals for Medicare Bad Debt, Medicare DSH, etc. engagements
- Ensuring that Medicare Bad Debt, Medicare DSH, etc. results adhere to HPS quality standards
- Assessing capacity and skill set alignment for team to reach operational objectives
- Training team members on roles and responsibilities and ensuring adherence to established HPS processes and procedures
- Communicating with Client Services and Client Implementation teams regarding the status of engagements
- Interviewing candidates for open positions
- Reviewing employee performance
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and to talk and listen to co-workers in person and clients and stakeholders in person and on the phone. The employee will be required to move about the office periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds.
Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multitask, and perform occasional mathematical calculations.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office with computer printer). Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.