Senior Product Analyst
The Senior Product Analyst fills a critical role in the product development life cycle, acting as a bridge between the product strategy and the delivery of a successful software product or service. A successful product analyst will work within a defined product strategy and roadmap, breaking broadly defined initiatives into more concise functional components and documenting functional requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria. This may also entail conducting research and analysis through publically available resources and direct customer interaction in order to validate functional requirements, compliance requirements, and user interaction requirements. The Senior Product Analyst is also a critical part of the software delivery process, helping to clarify requirements during the development phase, proposing design options for user interaction, performing acceptance testing for completed features, conducting knowledge transfer to operations/sales resources, and assisting with the deployment of new features/products.
Required Job Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Science, or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience within the enterprise web-based software development industry and/or software integration consulting
- Knowledge of modern product management concepts and techniques, including Agile development methodologies – OR – deep knowledge of the business process, subject matter and product(s) to which the analyst will be assigned
- Ability to work independently to research topics and articulate the impact of this research on product roadmap initiatives (e.g. gathering detail around the impact of a new regulatory statute)
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical aptitude, and the ability to quickly translate complex business processes into discrete processes and decision points, and document these
- Ability to quickly adapt functional requirements to emerging technical, compliance, or budgetary constraints
- Ability to perform acceptance testing on completed development projects and evaluate suitability of new features/products with reference to the established requirements
- Experience defining products & solutions which deal with large data sets from multiple sources
- Ability to prioritize work load and operate with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Job Skills
- Experience with healthcare revenue cycle business functions
- SQL and/or software development proficiency
- 3+ years of experience in a product or business analysis role within an Agile Development team
- Gather requirements using a variety of elicitation techniques (e.g., interviews, surveys, statistical analysis, etc.)
- Research, analyze, and document compliance requirements relevant to assigned features/products
- Proactive analysis of monetization opportunities for owned product, including leveraging existing product opportunities and developing new ones.
- Work with internal teams and partners to build consensus across cross-functional areas
- Create relevant, usable documents that define business problems and proposed solutions
- Author features, user stories, and defect stories within an Agile planning system
- Track requirements and manage their change throughout the project life cycle and ensure that deliverables are managed
- Coordinate configuration, testing and production migration activities in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Analyst to ensure product test and launch as planned
- Work with leadership to define and refine the product roadmap
- Assist with internal/external knowledge transfer to explain the purpose, content, and proper operation of new features/products
- Contribute to the annual budgeting/planning process as needed
- Perform other duties related to the product management, development, and deployment process as needed
- Communicate clearly and concisely in all written and verbal communications
While the Senior Product Analyst will not directly supervise other employees, he/she must fill a leadership role within the Scrum team, providing guidance to development and QA resources as necessary to ensure successful completion of product roadmap initiatives. In addition, this position will be responsible for training and providing direction for junior members of the product and operations team.
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and to talk and listen to co-workers in person and clients and stakeholders in person and on the phone. The employee will be required to move about the office periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds.
Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multitask, and perform occasional mathematical calculations.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office with computer printer). Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.